These days, if a man strolls into a hotel, the chances are that he came across it online. That is the way the world works. This is due to the higher percentages of consumers accessing such services online according to Google. Around 80% of consumers have been found to rely more on websites to choose or find local businesses. The big question is, how then can you ensure that such customers come across your local business? Through the use of the following four strategies for a great digital marketing which include; search engine optimiSation, social media,website and advertisements, you can achieve that. The following tips will help you on how to use them.
- Google, yahoo and Bing advertising platforms all have different requirements. Before you run any campaign since they have different formats.
- Optimise the URL that you are using for the landing page.
- Make your advert as relevant as possible.
- You should try to include the keywords in headlines, then copy which closed or match the keywords bided so as to boost chances of ads appearing in the terms.
- Capitalise the first letters of the keywords in your ads.
- Use the correct punctuation in your texts.
Search Engine Optimisation
What is Search Engine Optimisation? If you do not understand digital marketing, this small section of the article should help you. SEO is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” search results on search engines. How to achieve success using SEO:
- Update your website regularly and the content within it.
- Ensure you enable some share button to help readers easily post content to drive visitors to your site and the social media pages.
- Make sure you use Google+. Add the phone number, business name, even opening hours and location show up for Google local search and Google map results.
- Just like Google+ local, Yep helps post and complete information on your business.
Any business should be using social media in 2017. The first thing you should do is make social media accounts. This means that you can reach out to other businesses and gain trust from your users. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, you name it, your business should have. Try to update these accounts as much as you can.
Whether you like it or not, it is advisable that you share your brand on the social media. Since most consumers are able to bad and good conversations with you, ensure that you set up certain alerts to notify on some new comments or messages.
If you created a website and have not updated since 2010, it is then advisable you do it. A modern design which is clean is a key to digital marketing and ensures you meet the today’s web standards and best practices.
- Ensure that your web is mobile friendly.
- Ensure you complete your website’s metadata (ALT text, description, title tags among others)
- Add a business blog to your website.
- Optimise your site with local information for example Geo-targeted keywords and address to help local consumers access you.